Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wholly Genius, Wholly Buffoon

In all my readings, I have to say that one of the books that I enjoyed the most was written by, of all people, a physicist. It wasn't a book about physics, math, or science, although it had its moments with numbers, calculations, and experiments. It was a book about the "adventures of a curious character". That book was written by Richard Feynman.

In that book, I learned not only about Feynman the Nobel-prize winning physicist. I also found out about Feynman the notorious prankster, practical joker, bongo player, decipherer of Maya hieroglyphics, linguist, philosophy and biology student, Chief Research (and only) Chemist, safecracker. It was all about the humor and hilarity that came from an unlikely suspect - a theoretical physicist who expanded the theory of quantum electrodynamics.

Anyways, I thought of writing a blog about Feynman who died on this same day nineteen years ago. I wish I had the chance to meet him - the legend, brilliant and humorous character that he is. Or maybe even have him as my professor.

Here's Feynman talking about the beauty of a flower from a different perspective:


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home