Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Which Direction is the Dancer Spinning?

Got this from Freakonomics blog: Which direction is this dancer spinning? If you think clockwise, the right side of your brain is supposedly dominant. If counter-clockwise, your left side of the brain is dominant (maybe at least at this time).


In my case, I could see the dancer spinning clockwise (to the right), except when I tend not to focus - in which case I see a counter-clockwise spin. If I focus again, it would go back to a clockwise direction. I asked some other people who could see it spinning both ways as well.

From the comments I've in the Freakonomics website about this, in which posters cited the direction they see the dancer spinning and their college major and/or professional background (I commented as well), even some people from highly-technical fields (e.g. engineering) could see a predominantly, if not exclusively, clockwise spin. Interesting.

Labels: ,

 

1 Comments:

At 2:53 AM , Blogger jamie said...

its the same for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home