Sunday, October 07, 2007

DLSU Wins The UAAP Basketball Championship!

Yes!!! We're champions once again!

First, props to our Finals opponent, the UE Warriors for a great season - marked by an historic 14-0 sweep in the eliminations, earning an outright ticket to the finals - and for an awesome finals performance.

And of course, CONGRATS and thanks to the DLSU Archers for claiming the championship by, in turn, sweeping the Warriors 2-0 in the UAAP Finals.

The following is a nice article from Basketball Exchange:*

******
DLSU 73, UE 64. Why They Are Champions
by Gary Mercado


The most compelling image I have of the game is that of Pocholo Villanueva with his hands on his knees, tears streaming from his cheeks, the pure ecstasy of victory shaking him like a leaf as he celebrated with his teammates.


And celebrate they should, as DLSU in my honest opinion, gave one of the most amazing, one of the most spectacular basketball performances I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few.


I know I got it all wrong, predicting a UE win. But truth to tell, that’s the least of my worries. First, because I don’t think anyone could have possibly thought La Salle could pull it off, considering the level of ability of its opponent, the fact it was coming off a particularly draining set of games against ADMU, and finally that UE had weeks of idle time to prepare. That, along with the lack of ceiling (again), would be enough to make anyone with even a(n) iota of basketball opinion in them to vote against them.

Read full article here.

******
See news articles about the championship here and here.

See photos here. And especially here from Vic Icasas.





*I initially stated that the article I referenced was written by a non-Lasallian. The author of the article himself has indicated to me that he is, in fact, from La Salle. I have since taken out my false and misinformed claim.

Labels: , , , , ,

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home