Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield - Halfway

For all the hype that it generated since its trailer was first shown on Transformers the Movie, I think Cloverfield was underwhelming. I watched it with Jamie this afternoon and we left halfway through the movie.

I have a few nagging thoughts:

1) The actress who played "Beth" is very pretty.

2) I'm not sure if the hand-held camera filming method is really effective (by my standards and tastes) when used throughout the movie. I wasn't too impressed with both Cloverfield and The Blair Witch Project (both of them used the filming method all throughout the movie) but I thought the Bourne Ultimatum is kick-@$$ (with it applying the same filming method only on fight scenes).

3) The marketers for this movie are so good to generate so much hype the past 6 months. Cloverfield's gross total in less than a week, or maybe for just a couple of days, may already surpass its overall budget.

4) Aside from "The Dark Knight", what are the movies that I should look forward to for 2008?

Labels: ,

 

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Blogger jamie said...

im sorry about that half way part :(

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Rom said...

don't worry about it. that was more like in between halfway and end.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home