Wednesday, February 28, 2007

First-Time Snowboarding is a Pain in the Butt, Literally

I went with my cousin's family to the Mammoth Mountain last weekend (Feb. 16-19). It was my first time to see and touch snow (the teeny-weeny San Diego snow I saw last month doesn't count). It was also my first time to snowboard.

Some things of note:

1) Snowboarding is really fun, especially when you're going full speed.

2) I fell down several times that I lost track of my count. I was snowboarding for maybe 5 hours and I had to let myself fall to the ground each time I had to stop. Then there are those countless times when I lost my balance and fell hard butt-and-wrist-first on the ground.

3) I woke up the next morning with my whole body feeling sore. My butt and wrists were especially aching. (Special mention: shoulders, back, and arms).

4) I'll say it again: my butt hurt, really. (See the title of this blog).

5) It took almost a week before the minor pain subsided. They're ok now, but I still hear a soft cracking sound every time I flick my wrist. When my wrists were really hurting, I was so concerned that I may have trouble shooting the basketball the next time I play. Coincidentally, this was the NBA All-Star Weekend.

6) On the All-Star Weekend, I still think Dwight Howard should have gone to the Finals of the Slam Dunk Competition with that Sticker Dunk. Come on, you gotta see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5saBDOE6Sc

7) Plus, the Barkley and Bavetta race is the best part of the whole extravaganza.

8) For the mammoth weekend pics, click here. For videos, click here.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home