Monday, September 17, 2007

Back to School, Glendale, and Borders Day

Yes, I went back to school. Driving school, that is. After completing the 6-hour session about a month ago, I enrolled for an additional 4 hours since I haven't been able to practice driving with my dad. I had the first 2 hours this morning and will be having the next 2 tomorrow.

I actually said that I'd get my license before summer ends but I missed the deadline. Sorry, my bad.

******

This afternoon, I went to Glendale to consult with a lawyer about immigration concerns.

While there, I also took the time to meet with an old friend and classmate of mine, Trisha. While I've been in the US for a year and a half, and she for more than twice that duration, and while I was staying in Tarzana and she on Glendale/Eagle Rock, less than 30 miles apart I suppose, this was the first time we've seen each other in about 5 years.

******

At Borders this same afternoon, I skimmed through some interesting books. But, more accurately, I had had my attention on, and found a particular interest in, only the last book I grabbed. The cute girl a couple of seats from me was just too distracting and I recovered my focus only when she left. I used to think I'm a fairly good multi-tasker.

That last book is The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn and Al Iggulden. I still wonder what's so dangerous about it and will likely find myself buying it. I usually just borrow books from the library than buy them.



In the meantime, I still have a pile of books in my to-read list.

Labels: ,

 

2 Comments:

At 9:16 PM , Blogger jamie said...

lol i want to know whats so dangerous

"I actually said that I'd get my license before summer ends but I missed the deadline. Sorry, my bad."

psh and after all my teaching :P

so i referenced u in my post again lol

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Rom said...

i wrote those two sentences that you just quoted with you in mind. i told you i'll get them before summer ends - that time when i was at your house and the pool table was being set up.

you'll be cited honorably if and when i get my license. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home