Saturday, November 17, 2007

The First 3 Work Weeks

Things that happened at work during my first three weeks:

1. I attended 3 training classes in 7 full days. The classes are all about the products developed by the company. These are software programs for the financial services industry.

2. After (taking a shot at) learning about the company products, I proceeded to (try to) learn about QuickTest Pro - an automated testing tool for software programs. I'm working on automating the testing processes of the software programs developed by the company and I'd need a good knowledge of both QuickTest Pro AND the company's custom programs in order to develop the right test scripts.

3. I've now been working on developing test scripts for a very small component of one of the company products.

4. I've tried some manual testing as well.

5. I've figured out how to work the coffee machine - it's really very simple but I was just reluctant to try at first. Anyway, I take hot choco in the mornings and coffee in the afternoons.

6. My email has been setup.

7. Although I'm aware of how bad my voice sounds, I think I still cringed when I first heard the busy message I recorded on my answering machine. I can't decide whether it sounds nasal, "froggy", or both.

8. I've already met quite a number of people at work and they're great.

9. I found out I'm not the youngest person in the company. I was expecting that I'd be, at least in our own office and not including the offices in other states and countries.

10. Internet at home is back. Finally!

11. I got my first paycheck last Thursday. Woohoo!!

******
Some work/office pictures:

Office Building 1

Office Building 2

S1 @ 8501

Ground Floor

My Desk

Computer 1

Computer 2

Phone

Readings
 

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM , Blogger AznMarkofDaFiji said...

Woooow!!! You have a CRT monitor!!

How High-Tech!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home