Monday, May 12, 2008

Back to Regular Blogging

It's been quite a while (again) since I've posted a blog. Uber-laziness just got the better of me lately and I'm trying to gain some ground against it this time.

Last week, I was able to watch Ironman and I thought it was brilliant. Truth be told, I wasn't impressed with the trailers but was intrigued when a couple of my friends, who were also skeptical like me, ended up liking the movie.

Robert Downey Jr. is a genius. He owned the character. There is no one else who'll come remotely close to portraying Tony Stark.

As a Marvel fan, I'm delighted that most of the Marvel movies so far are really good. Spiderman trilogy, X-men trilogy, Ironman, Fantastic Four (OK, I haven't watched part 2 of the last one) - these were stories/characters that I was so crazy about as a kid. My only disappointment is that my favorite X-man wasn't in the movies but it seems he'll make an appearance in the upcoming Wolverine spin-off movie (2009, baby).

******

Now that I drive to and from work, I feel more flexible with my time. I don't have to wake up very early to catch the bus. And I arrive home earlier than before. Having a laptop for work also adds to that flexibility. I sometimes do some work late at night when I feel that my mind is still sharp.

And having just said that I don't have to rise early, I will go against it and will try to wake up earlier. I just feel that I need some self-disciplining with regards to that.

******

I feel so financially illiterate. I can't explain very well the difference between stocks and bonds. I haven't done the math to figure how much I should contribute to my 401(k) plan to get the most out of it. Etc., etc.

My goal by the end of the year is to have a working knowledge of these topics. To help me with it, I've subscribed to Money Magazine, SmartMoney, Businessweek, and Forbes. I also have some books I previously bought that should help. Right now, reading those papers is like reading a different language (sort of).

I work for a company that provides software for the financial services industry. That should help too.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

 

1 Comments:

At 1:05 AM , Blogger Underzenith said...

i <3 gambit too! esp. in the old xmen cartoon where he and rogue were an item (i was quite disappointed with the movie's rogue) can't wait for 2009!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home