Monday, March 05, 2007

CA DMV Written Exam

I took the DMV written test this morning. It is a 36-item multiple choice exam about California traffic laws, road signs, and driving safety rules. Original applicants are allowed a maximum of 6 mistakes in order to pass.

Thankfully, I made the cut - else I would have to go through reading the handbook again and waiting in line at the office. Anyway, I had only 1 mistake and that's a big improvement from the 11 mistakes on my first try. (Believe it or not, my first try was way back on May 10, 2006).

I don't have a California Driver License yet, though. The next and final step is to pass an actual driving test where I will be evaluated by a DMV official while driving.

As I was waiting in line, I momentarily thought about the Driver License applications in the Philippines. Without considering the long wait lines in (very) warm government offices (at least in my experience), I thought that getting a license in the Phils is easier and less stringent. But considering the logistics, California DMV-type applications are impractical. Apples and oranges. Just a thought.

Finally, last night was one of the few times when I didn't particularly enjoy my reading. It was about rules, regulations, signs, safety advices, do's and don't's, etc. There were also pictures like these (taken from the CA DMV website):





 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home