Sunday, March 11, 2007

I Bought a Defective Used Book Through Amazon

I bought a used book about Microsoft C# through Amazon just so I could self-study the language and .NET. The book, "Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Step by Step" by John Sharp, turned out to be defective - pages 165 to 196 are missing but pages 197 to 228 were printed twice. This is irritating because the seller never said that the book had this kind of defect. (The seller is not Amazon. I bought the book through the Amazon website's facility that allows users to buy books from other people or businesses).

I sent an email to Microsoft Press hoping to have the book replaced. If not, I'll try to have the book returned to the seller. Meanwhile, it sucks to know that the best (or worst, depending on your perspective) thing I could do right now is just give the seller a bad review.





 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home