Thursday, August 02, 2007

8 Random Facts About Me.

Got this from Jason. 8 Random Facts About Me.

1. By my count, I only have 25 teeth. I also never grew any wisdom tooth. You might have noticed that the number of my teeth is an odd number. That means one tooth from either my upper or lower set of teeth is missing its opposite partner. I won't tell which.

2. My favorite number is 6. 6 is the first perfect number (1+2+3 = 6 = 1x2x3). Also, according to Martin Rees, there are just six numbers that govern the size, shape, and texture of the universe. If their values were any fractionally different, we would not exist nor would matter have had any chance to form.

3. I am of 50% Filipino and 50% Chinese descent. My dad is full Filipino and my mom is full Chinese. My features give little or no trace at all of my Chinese blood.

4. I've been called Romnel, Rom, Rom-rom, Ron, Ron-ron, Rob, Ram, Rem, Louis, Rommelito, Rominel, Rommel, Rom-ness, Michael by different people at some point in my life. I am so used to having such an unusual name.

5. My favorite tambayans in La Salle were the computer labs and the library. The computer labs are for internet access, of course. I go to the library to check on books that I could read over there or borrow, and to study especially for exams. This applies only when I'm alone. It's a different story when I'm with my friends - the only exception is when there's an exam, in which case, I am back to my hermit-self in the library.

6. I started commuting/taking the public transportation everyday between my house and school in 6th grade. I did this all the way until I finished college. My schools, Hope Christian High School, and La Salle, were both in Manila while I lived in Bacoor, Cavite then. I had to allocate 2 hours from my house to school and another 2 hours from school to my house if I wanted to make sure I'm on time. By the way, we lived in Tomas Mapua, Sta. Cruz, Manila, which was about 3 blocks away from Hope, until I was eleven.

7. My career ambitions when I was a kid were being a/an: astronaut, pilot, doctor, lawyer, engineer, and scientist. Of course, a few years later, I chose to be an IT professional.

8. Throughout college, my favorite dish was sizzling sisig. According to Wikipedia, sizzling sisig is a Filipino dish made of parts of a pig's head (cheeks, ears, nose) seasoned with kalamansi/calamondin and/or chili peppers. I thought of including this item because I just had a conversation with my mom about sisig in the Philippines and how we haven't had one since we left.

Yes, I miss sisig...




Labels: , , ,

 

3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM , Blogger Tina said...

I've been called Romnel, Rom, Rom-rom, Ron, Ron-ron, Rob, Ram, Rem, Louis, Rommelito, Rominel, Rommel, Rom-ness, Michael by different people at some point in my life. I am so used to having such an unusual name.

Hahaha, am I the first one to call you "Rob"? =))

Hi Rom! Just dropping by =)

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger Rom said...

tinamats!! yes, diyan galing yung Rob na yan.. hahahhaa..

*wink* ;)

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Underzenith said...

You never grew any wisdom teeth??? woah! amazing ah!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home