Monday, August 13, 2007

Bourne Yesterday

Bourne Ultimatum ranks up there with Transformers as the best movies I've seen so far this year. I watched it yesterday.

I am giving it an A overall - it had superb action scenes, an intriguing plot, and maintained character development and continuity of story (tracing back from the first two films). I also like how Bourne's story in the film was made relevant to the times as it was deviated from the books. Having read the novel Bourne Identity first before watching the Identity film, I was at first disappointed that they didn't follow the book's story. But now, I just realized that the Bourne film series has an excellent story in its own right and at least adheres to the fundamental character struggles of Jason Bourne. By the way, if you haven't read all the three Bourne books (Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, Bourne Ultimatum) by the great Robert Ludlum, I suggest you grab and read them now.

Some people didn't like how the camera was handheld in action/fight scenes because the view became dizzying and unstable. However, I am going with the original director's idea that, at least for the Bourne series, it produces the effect that you are caught up in the scene and matches closely the character's (usually Bourne's) point-of-view.




Labels: , , , , , ,

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home