Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Favorite TV/Cartoon Shows (Late 80s Edition)

Just thought of going Old School and letting the late-80s, early-to-mid-90s kid in me take over in this blog entry.

The idea of blogging about this came to me sometime ago when I realized that I don't watch any TV show anymore. Of course, I've been watching movies in theaters and Youtube videos but I'm counting both of them out. I strictly mean TELEVISION SHOWS. Movies on DVD that I watched are not considered as well. I watch at least one every week.

I tried to recall the TV shows that I loved as a kid - of course, most of them were cartoons. There were so many that I chopped up the list chronologically - from the earliest shows I watched and liked to the more recent ones. I came up with a long list. I'll post the rest of the list in later blog entries.

These were my earliest favorite shows, run sometime from the mid-80s to the early 90s:

1. Ghostbusters - Has the best opening song for a cartoon show. Four paranormal investigators/"ghostbusters" together with Janine (had to look her name up), and Slimer. Oh, don't forget Marshmallow Man.



2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga! Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Donatello - on their wild adventures with their Master Splinter, April, Casey Jones against Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady, Bebop, and the Foot Soldiers.



3. Transformers - More Than Meets The Eye!! Optimus Prime is an icon!



4. Care Bears - Don't laugh. I liked Tenderheart Bear, I so wanted to have a pet like him.



5. Garfield And Friends - I didn't like it as much as Ghostbusters then but I do miss the Garfield-Odie-Jon trio.




6. Saber Rider - ...And the Star Sheriffs. Another awesome opening song. I liked the guy with the red suit.



7. Dinosaucers - As a kid, I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs. I still am. How could I not love this show then?



8. Thundercats - Somehow, Lion-O's image has been etched somewhere in my memory. Yeah, I liked lions too.






Labels: , , , , , , ,

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home